The institute today

Home|About us|Our story|The institute today

In 1910 the Institute was recognized by the Church with a decree of praise as a “work of distinguished charity,” received aggregation to the Order of Friars Minor, and in 1922 the Constitutions were finally approved.

On April 19, 1926, through the interest of the Superior General of the Institute, Mother Matilde del Rosario and Commissario Father Egidio Maria Giusto OFM, her mortal remains were moved from the Assisi Cemetery to the new Chapel of Ritiro “S. Antonio”
in S. Maria degli Angeli in Assisi.

work of distinguished charity

Why "missionaries?"

The Institute in 1927 accepted the Church’s invitation to open itself to the mission ad gentes, sending the first sisters to the Peruvian jungle, sharing the mission of the Friars Minor.

With a Franciscan spirit, we seek to respond to the needs of the times, in obedience to the Gospel, considering the world as a cloister. For this reason, since 1965 the name of the institute has also been explicitly enriched with the title “missionaries.”